By Cory Sekine-Pettite
Hard to believe, but summer is just around the corner! So, now is the time to start booking a tennis camp for your young, aspiring champions. We are fortunate to live in an area with some of the best teaching professionals and collegiate coaches in the country. Give your kids the chance to learn from these elite instructors, to improve their games, to make new friends, and to have a memorable summer. Keep reading to find a camp that fits their needs and yours. Make it a summer to remember!
Universal Tennis Academy Camps
Universal Tennis Academy (UTA) in Atlanta offers summer tennis camps throughout Atlanta. UTA has trained all levels of players, from ALTA champions and NCAA competitors to ATP/WTA touring professionals in a fun, exciting, and educational environment. UTA Tennis Camps are offered at the following locations:
- Agnes Scott College
- Blackburn Park Tennis Center
- Briarlake Church
- Horseshoe Bend
- James Creek Tennis Center
UTA holds summer camp every week of the summer, starting the week of Memorial Day. Both half-day and full-day tennis camps are offered.
- Ages 4-14, co-ed
- May 30-June 2, June 5-9, June 12-16, June 19-23, June 26-30, July 10-14, July 17-21, July 24-28, and Jul 31-Aug 4
Manuel Diaz Bulldog Tennis Camp for Boys
Coach Manuel Diaz and his staff, including Associate Head Coach Jamie Hunt, provide campers with the same championship instruction he utilized to lead the Bulldogs to the 1999, 2001, 2007, and 2008 National Championships. The 2007, 2001 and 1995 National Coach of the Year, Diaz has won an amazing 28 SEC titles and is in his 35th year as the head coach of the Bulldogs.
The camp will be held at the perennial site of the NCAA Championships, The Dan Magill Tennis complex, which holds 12 outdoor courts as well as four covered courts. The Georgia Bulldog Tennis Camp will provide instruction for every level of play. For the beginner, basic fundamentals and stroke production will be emphasized. For the intermediate players, refinement of the fundamentals: footwork, grips, strokes and strategy will be stressed. The advanced players will be trained at the same intensity level and similar drills that UGA coaches use to train their college players. Along with match play and conditioning, instructors emphasize challenging the campers regardless of their level of play.
- Session I: 6/18 – 6/22
- Session II: 6/25 – 6/29
- Session III: 7/16 – 7/20
- Residents: (Age 10 by Sept. 1, 2022) – $995
- Extended Day Campers: (9 a.m. – 8 p.m.) – $795
- Day Campers: (9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) – $700
- Boys of All Abilities Ages 9-17 (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender)
For more information, visit bulldogtenniscamp.com, or call 706.542.9348.
ACE Tennis Academy
ACE Summer Tennis Camps are offered in Alpharetta, Peachtree Corners, Norcross, and Johns Creek. Camps begin the last week of May and continue through early August. ACE offers Morning Camps and Full-Day Camps for players of all levels. And its Kids Academy Camps are a fun way to introduce tennis to your kids!
Jeff Weaver and his staff have been developing top-ranked juniors since 1994. ACE players have won more than 35 national titles, including 12 Gold Balls (national championships).
- ACE Kids Academy Camps (introduction to tennis)
- ACE Camps (Recreational – Competitive Players)
- ACE Elite Camps (Tournament Players only/selection by UTR)
- Morning Camp (Mon-Fri, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Full-Day Camp (Mon-Fri)
Yellow Jacket Tennis Camps
Yellow Jacket Tennis Camps are a challenging, fun time for boys and girls between the ages of 9-18. Georgia Tech aims to enhance each camper’s skills through morning instruction and afternoon match play. The camp will stress the importance of sound fundamentals and strategy. Campers will be split into groups/teams based on age and ability level. Instructors include the head and assistant coaches of the men’s and women’s Georgia Tech tennis teams.
Camps will take place at Ken Byers Tennis Complex at 960 Fowler Street NW, Atlanta, GA. All campers will receive a t-shirt.
- Session 1 (day camp): June 5-8, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Session 2 (day camp): June 12-15, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Session 3 (day camp and overnight camp option): June 18-22, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Session 4 (day camp): June 26-29, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Day Camp Session: $495
- Overnight Camp Session: $950
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 678.634.4844.
Agape Tennis Academy
An Agape Tennis Camp will cover all aspects and skills of the game in a fun and rewarding environment. Each camp is uniquely run based on the type of camp: Agape (5-18 year-olds), QuickStart (4-10 year-olds), or Tournament camps (8-18 year-olds). The camps are perfect for the new, developing, or accomplished player. Each camper receives a commemorative t-shirt and award, and there’s a player party on the final day.
Camps are offered in both full-day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and half-day (9 a.m. to noon) programs.
For more information, visit agapetennisacademy.com, or call 404.636.5628.
- Agape Camp 1 (May 30 – June 2) $320/$160
- Agape Camp 2 (June 5 – 9) $400/$200
- Agape Camp 3 (June 12 -16) $400/$200
- Agape Camp 4 (June 19 – 23) $400/$200
- Agape Camp 5 (June 26 – 30) $400/$200
- Agape Camp 6 (July 10 – 14) $400/$200
- Agape Camp 7 (July 17 – 21) $320/$160
- Agape Camp 8 (July 24 – 28) $400/$200
9 a.m. – noon, $200
Quickstart Camp 1 (June 5 – 9)
Quickstart Camp 2 (June 19 – 23)
Quickstart Camp 3 (July 10 – 14)
Quickstart Camp 4 (July 24 – 28)
8 a.m. – noon, $240
Tournament Player Camp 1 (May 30 – June 2)
Tournament Player Camp 2 (June 12 – 15)
Tournament Player Camp 3 (June 26 – 29)
Tournament Player Camp 4 (July 17 – 20)
US Sports/Nike Tennis Camps
University of Georgia
The Nike Tennis Camp at University of Georgia is an all-girls camp for players ages 9-17. This tennis camp in Athens will focus on developing the complete tennis player. Campers from all over attend this program at UGA to receive top-notch instruction from collegiate coaches and to make lasting memories with their peers.
Tennis instruction will take place at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex, a showcase for collegiate tennis that consists of 12 outdoor courts and 4 indoor courts. Campers will have 5-6 hours of daily instruction, with a low camper-to-coach ratio. And for overnight campers, there will be plenty of fun off-court activities.
- June 4-8
- June 11-15
- July 9-13
- Day Camp (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.): $705
- Extended Day Camp (9 a.m. – 8 p.m.): $805
- Overnight (Ages 10-17): $1,145
For more information, visit ussportscamps.com/tennis/nike/university-of-georgia-nike-tennis-camp, email email@example.com, or call 800.645.3226 ext. 8366.
The Lovett School
As one of Georgia’s best tennis camps, this program’s theme is “Fun. Friends. Improvement.” At this tennis camp in Atlanta, instructors encourage and teach campers to truly understand stroke fundamentals and match-play strategies. With instruction from Emory University’s Head Men’s Tennis Coach, John Browning, the summer tennis camps in Atlanta deliver new tennis skills and the inspiration and self-confidence to continue improving after camp.
- Age levels: Boys and Girls of all skill levels, Ages 5-17
- Dates: June 27-July 1, July 5-9, July 11-15, July 18-22
- Pricing info: Half-day (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.) $395, Full day (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) $525
- Health & Safety protocols: Camps will follow COVID-19 social distancing and safety guidelines as set by the CDC, state, local and facility authorities. For more information on safety procedures and regulations, please visit ussportscamps.com.
For more information, call 800.645.3226, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit ussportscamps.com/tennis/nike/emory-university-nike-tennis-camp.